In keeping with the Library's mission to provide library services to the community, please observe the following rules regarding photographing and filming in the library.
Casual, amateur photography is permitted as long as it does not interfere with library operations, staff or patrons. With this in mind:
- Please do not use flash equipment.
- Please do not use equipment of such nature as to obstruct passageways or cause disturbances to Library users.
- Photographs, videotapes, or audiotapes of members of the public, or members of the Library staff on duty are prohibited.
- Photographs, videotapes, or audiotapes of programs, copyrighted art on display, or materials in the Library's collections are prohibited.
- No commercial photography: Library buildings may not be used as setting for advertisements, or for any photographs, videotapes, or audiotapes which will be used for commercial purposes.
- News Media photography or video: The Library welcomes news media for stories or projects that directly involve the library and its programs. Please obtain advance authorization for such projects by contacting the Director or Assistant Director at 587-1016 or 587-1017.
- Nonprofit, academic or research projects: Please ask for authorization in advance in order to avoid disruption to library operations.
- Right to Terminate: The Library reserves the right to terminate or restrict any photography or filming that causes an undue disturbance, violates library policy or regulation, endangers the health or safety of patrons or staff or violates any local ordinance, or state or federal law.
Approved by Trustees 4-17-08