Fiction and nonfiction about gardening, selected by Forbes Library librarians. June 2008. Some additions November 2010.
- Big Book of Garden Designs
by Marianne Lipanovich and Tom Wilhite
- The Garden Primer
by Barbara Damrosch
- The New Tech Garden
by Paul Cooper
- The Spare-Time Gardener: tips and tricks for those on the go
by Barbara Hill Freeman
- Rodale's Vegetable Garden Problem Solver : the best and latest advice for beating pests, diseases, and weeds and staying a step ahead of trouble in the garden
by Fern Marshall Bradley
- The Essential Garden Maintenance Workbook
by Rosemary Alexander
- Newspaper, Pennies, Cardboard & Eggs for Growing a Better Garden: more than 400 new, fun, and ingenious ideas to keep your garden growing great all season long
by Roger Yepsen and the editors of Organic gardening magazine
- The Nature-Friendly Garden : creating a backyard haven for plants, wildlife, and people
by Marlene A. Condon
- Practical Gardening
by Deena Beverly
- Botany for Gardeners
by Brian Capon
- Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen
A successful caterer in Bascomb, North Carolina, Claire has always remained tied to the legacy of the Waverly family, until her peaceful life is transformed by Tyler Hughes, an art teacher and new next-door neighbor, and by the return of her prodigal sister, Sydney.
- The Blue Rose by Anthony Eglin
Believing they have found the home of their dreams in a beautiful English garden house, Alex and Kate Sheppard make a science-defying discovery in their garden and find their world unraveling in the wake of intrusive experiments, coded journals, and murderous adversaries.
- Wild Designs by Katie Fforde
Althea, who is divorced and has three children, a bossy dog, a know-it-all younger sister, and no love life, loses her job and starts a gardening business that leads her to fall for a married man.
- The Lost Garden by Helen Humphreys
Leaving war-stricken London in 1941, Gwen Davis volunteers for the Land Army in the Devon countryside where she oversees a group of girls who plant crops for the war effort beside a regiment of Canadian soldiers.
- Blue Dahlia by Nora Roberts
Centering around three courageous women, who meet for the first time at a crossroads in their lives, this first installment in the "In the Garden" trilogy follows Stella as she casts aside her fears and finds a special love that she will do anything to protect.
- Night Gardening by E.L. Swann
While recovering from a near-fatal illness, Maggie rediscovers the redemptive powers of passion and romance in her life when she meets Tristan, a landscape architect who is working on her long-ignored and unkempt garden.
Category: Reading Lists