FREE or Reduced Admission to Area Museums
Sponsored by the Friends of Forbes Library
All passes are listed in the library catalog; click to see current holdings and availability.
Remember to verify hours with the museum before your trip!
- Passes are available to adult and young adult CWMARS library cardholders in good standing: having no billed items or fines over $10.00.
- There is a limit of one pass per household per day.
- Call 587-1011 to check on availability and to hold a pass. Passes will be held for up to four hours.
- Passes are loaned for 2 library days. Passes are not renewable. They may be returned in the bookdrop. They must be returned on time directly to Forbes Library and in the plastic envelope provided so they will be available for the next booking. Borrowers will be charged $5.00 for lost/damaged envelopes.
- Late charges are $5.00 per day, with a maximum fine of $50.00. Lost passes will be assessed a replacement fee. Replacement costs will be charged to the borrower's account after 2 weeks.
- To borrow passes you must present your library card. When you borrow a pass you agree to the borrowing guidelines and agree to pay the replacement cost for lost passes.
- Call the museum before your visit to check on the most current hours, closed dates, and directions. Check out museum websites for more information.
Amelia Park Children's Museum
29 South Broad St., Westfield, MA 01086
Thursday through Monday, 10 a.m. -4 p.m.
Pass provides half-price admission for up to four family members; children under 12 months are free
Children's Museum at Holyoke
444 Dwight Street, Holyoke, MA 01040
(413) 536-7048 www.childrensmuseumholyoke.org
Wednesday-Saturday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Sunday 12 noon - 4 p.m.
During the summer, open Tuesdays, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Pass provides half-price admission for up to six people; children under 12 months are free
Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art
125 West Bay Road, Amherst, MA 01002
(413) 658-1100 www.picturebookart.org
Tuesday-Friday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Saturday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Open Mondays during February & April school vacation week, and during July & August
Pass will admit 2 adults and 2 children
Off of Route 10, Deerfield, MA 01342
(413) 775-7214 www.historic-deerfield.org
Flynt Center open daily 9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Pass will admit up to 4 adults, children are free
Historic Deerfield's museum houses are closed to the public during the winter months (December - Mid-April). Please check the Hours and Admissions section of Historic Deerfield's website for exact details about which part of the museum is open or closed as it varies throughout the year.
1040 Mass Moca Way, North Adams, MA 01247
(413) 662-2111 www.massmoca.org
Open Fall - Winter - Spring: Wednesday - Monday 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
July - August: 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Pass will admit up to 2 adults and 2 children under 16.
The Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation has donated an annual “ParksPass” to the Forbes Library. The pass entitles the bearer to free parking for one vehicle at over 50 day-use facilities in the State Parks system that charge a parking fee; not valid for camping.
Sites in Western Massachusetts include: Connecticut Valley District : Chicopee State Park -- Hampton Ponds State Park -- Lake Lorraine State Park -- Robinson State Park -- Mt. Holyoke Range State Park -- Mt. Sugarloaf State Park -- Mt. Tom State Park. -- Quabbin District: Dunn State Park -- Erving State Forest -- Lake Dennison R.A. -- Lake Wyola State Park -- Leominster State Forest -- Otter River State Forest -- Wachusett Mtn. S.R. -- Wendell State Forest -- Western Massachusetts : Beartown State Forest -- Clarksburg State Park -- D.A.R. State Forest -- Gardner State Park -- Mohawk Trail State Forest -- Mt. Greylock S.R. --Natural Bridge State Park -- Pittsfield State Forest -- Sandisfield State Forest -- Tolland State Forest -- Windsor State Forest.
55 Coogan Blvd., Mystic, CT 06355-1997
(860) 572-5955 www.mysticaquarium.org
Check website for current hours and admission.
Pass will allow a reduced admission of $6 off an adult admission and $4 off ofa child admission. Good for 2 adults and 2 children ages 3-17; 2 and under are free.
Smith College Museum of Art
Northampton, MA 01060
(413) 585-2760 www.smith.edu/artmuseum
Tuesday-Saturday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Sunday 12 noon - 4 p.m.
Second Friday of each month, 10 a.m. - 8 p.m. (free 4 p.m. - 8 p.m.)
Pass will admit up to 8 people in the same household.
21 Edwards St., Springfield, MA 01103
(800) 625-7738 www.springfieldmuseums.org
Please call for hours at individual museums.
Dr. Seuss National Memorial Sculpture Garden:
D'Amour Museum of Fine Art
George Walter Vincent Smith Art Museum
Wood Museum of Springfield History (including Genealogy & Local History)
This pass will allow $2.00 off general admission for up to four visitors; does not include planetarium fees.
Sterling and Francine Clark Art Institute
225 South Street, Williamstown, MA 01267
(413) 458-2303 www.clarkart.edu
June - August:
Open Daily, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sept - May:
Tues-Sun, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.(no admission)
Pass will admit up to 2 adults; children free
U.S.S. Constitution Museum
Bldg. 22 Charlestown Navy Yard, Charlestown, MA 02129
(617) 426-1812 www.ussconstitutionmuseum.org
Open: November - March, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
April - October, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Pass will admit up to 9 people
NOTE: The warship USS Constitution, located in Bldg. 5, is not directly associated with the museum. This pass does not include the warship.
Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art
600 Main St., Hartford, CT 06103
(860) 278-2670 www.thewadsworth.org
Wednesday – Friday: 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
First Thursdays: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. (5 p.m. - 8 p.m., free)
General admission for 2 adults (or seniors) and two teens through age 17 (children 12 and under are free). Buy one—Get one discount for films. Does not include special events or parking.
Museum Pass Replacement Cost
|Amelia Park Children's Museum||$250.00|
|Children's Museum at Holyoke||$250.00|
|Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art||$125.00|
|Massachusetts State Parks||$35.00|
|Smith College Museum of Art||$75.00|
|Sterling and Francine Clark Art Institute||$90.00|
|U.S.S. Constitution Museum||$50.00|